Mir 1.7.0 Release
We’re pleased to announce the release of Mir 1.7.0.
For Ubuntu, Mir is available from the Mir PPAs.
It is also available as a source tarball.
This is a bugfix release, with most of the fixes being to the (still “experimental”) X11 support for desktop.
For the avoidance of doubt, Mir 1.7 retains the optional support for mirclient based applications. This support is no longer available “master”, so we’ve “cherry-picked” changes that do not interfere with it, we’ll continue to do so for the short term. In particular, we hope to remove the “experimental” status from our X11 support (via Xwayland) shortly.
- mirserver ABI bumped to 53
- [X11] Add basic window decorations
- [X11] Add a configuration option to specify the Xwayland executable
- [X11] Code cleanup: fix threading, initialization, style, etc.
- [server/input] Use a sorted map for outputs
- BasicWindowManager requests on unknown windows should noop
- [X11] Don’t restart Xwayland if we killed it deliberately (Fixes: #1169)
- [X11] We don’t need to stop Xwayland when pausing the Mir server. (Fixes: #1188)
- [wayland-platform] Apply output scale. (Fixes: #1133)
- [wayland] (cursor code) don’t assume PixelSource::read() will execute the do_with_pixels functor. (Fixes: #1180)
- [packaging] Add libwayland-dev to Build-Depends
- Fix clang found clangers