How to install Ubuntu Server on your Raspberry Pi

Suggestion for the installation guide: Replace the arp command by ip which is installed by default. Then the information block for installing net-tools can be dropped.

On Ubuntu:

ip neigh | grep -i  "b8:27:eb\|dc:a6:32\|e4:5f:01"

On Mac OS:

arp -na | grep -i  "b8:27:eb\|dc:a6:32\|e4:5f:01"

similar issue for me as well

I didnā€™t see the ā€˜cog iconā€™ on mac, not sure if it shows for other versions of the rpi imager, but I found this helpful:

Advanced menu which is hidden away can be activated by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + X

Has anyone considered recommending adjusting /etc/avahi/avahi-dameon.conf and turning on workstation publishing? For headless installs, when you donā€™t have access to the router, this is an alternative approach.

https://linux.die.net/man/5/avahi-daemon.conf

Set publish-workstation=yes. Then, if your ā€œprovisioningā€ computer is Ubuntu, you can do the following:
$ avahi-resolve --name <hostname>.local to discover the address.

Point 2 and 3 of the installation tutorial

Before clicking ā€˜Writeā€™ to flash your SD Card, click the cog icon to open a settings menu for advanced options.
(at the end of point 2)

The advanced options are configurable after clicking on next, there is no longer the gear icon.
Option only available with the Server version and not the Desktop version (useful to specify for noobs like me).

thank you for your work