Our new process of publishing engage pages allows a member of Canonical with access to our engage pages category to easily add an individual engage page without the need of coding skills by simply using Markdown. It’s been automated using our Discourse module and adds json data to whatever project has the module and has authenticated access.
This system builds up from the previous markdown engage pages
Create a new engage page
Create a new topic with the content of the individual engage page. Pick an existent engage topic and follow the format, here is an example. In this example you will see:
- A table with a key and a value. The six first parameters are required (image, image_width, image_height, meta_image, meta_copydoc). Ask a front-end developer if you do not know the
banner_class, this is usually based on the design of the engage page.
- If you are creating a webinar, please add a
webinar_code. If you are creating a whitepaper, please add the
Add the new engage page to the index
- Go to the engage page category topic and add a new row to the table.
- Follow previous examples in the table to make sure that all columns are filled in and the markdown code is rendered correctly:
- Topic, path, type and language are mandatory. These are parameters that help render the page correctly (form language, page layout, URLs…)
- Topic is an HTML tag with the title of the engage page and the URL of the topic you created in the previous section of this guide.
- Path is the new engage page URL you want. E.g.
/engage/new-engage-page. Take into account that if you are creating and engage page in a language other than English, add it the URL
/engage/es/nueva-pagina. If you are adding a language that we previously did not have, please notify us first.
- Tags are used to create “related engage pages” sections, which are located in the thank-you pages.
- Subtitle is the takeover subtitle
- Published date is the date the engage page is published. At this point, the engage page will be published immediately, but if required it could be adjusted to published at that specific time.
You are done!
Please go to your new engage page, that you indicated in the
path column now. E.g.
ubuntu.com/engage/new-page and check that everything is working correctly!