• Pulse planning
  • hiring
  • Debian politics
1 Like

+1 maintenance

• Got sqlite3 to migrate with a simple all-proposed retry

autopkgtest-cloud

• Working on moving from mojo to terraform
  • Included in the above work, is fixing all of the minor bugs in our charms, to make them more easily re-deployable. I have been working on this also.
  • Replaced some faulty lxd remotes for armhf tests

iso testing

• Various iso testing for noble point release - generic installer testing, TPM FDE testing, and raspberry pi testing
  • I’ve also been testing upgrades for ubuntu studio
  • Installer testing for MATE
  • Tested upgrading with the version of do-release-upgrade which was in proposed a couple days ago
  • Made an MP with a testcase for testing snap revisions with fresh installations (should probably be expanded to include upgrades) - it’s still WIP, as we need information regarding the snap tracking to be public and easily accessible for testers
  • Updated the isotracker with some modified test cases that didn’t get updated a few months ago

hardware iso testing

• Testing of the whole pipeline and fixing minor bugs - of which there are a few - to quote @paride “I’ve done 90% of the work, now I only have the other 90% left to do!”

misc

• Made a PR fixing a typo in the desktop installer
1 Like

Netplan

• Addressed code review comments on PR#496. It addresses several implicit type conversions found by Tiobe.
  • Investigated LP#2078009.
  • Working on LP#2070318

Distro

• Proposed migration:

• twisted vs python-tornado: requested sync for the new revision. Fixed.
    • python-daphne: requested sync for the new revision. Fixed.
    • pytest-twisted: requested sync for the new revision. Fixed.
    • libervia-backend: pending. There are a couple of gstreamer-plugins related dependencies missing. LP#2077974, Debian bug #1079085. Proposed fix (also submitted to Debian) MP#472204
  • Ubuntu desktop image testing on the Raspberry PI 4

1 Like
1 Like

Shorter week as I was on PTO and spend a good chunk of the remaining time catching up from that period!

Distro

Post-Quantum Cryptography (PQC)

Others

• Looking at some enablement/experiments for an internal project
1 Like
  • Was on holiday last week, so a short(er) update this time
  • More work on the py3clean issue (LP: #2075337)
    • Finished working around FTBFS’ found in the universe packages that need patching
    • Uploaded ~60 universe packages with the added Breaks line required
    • @dbungert kindly sponsored ubiquity upload for noble (where it’s in main)
    • … and merged the oracular NCR to fix the version number
    • … which then FTBFS, because of course it did
    • … which I will look into when my plate’s less full, but it’s less important for oracular anyway (see below)
  • ISO testing for noble .1
  • IRC support on rpi-imager customization and cloud-init
    • Need to file a PR with rpi-imager about default user’s groups (e.g. use default seed, just rename user – needs further investigation)
  • Meetings
  • Discussion of the installer situation on the noble point release and forthcoming oracular release
    • Noble will be back to using ubiquity as the first-time setup after lang-pack issues were judged too severe for an LTS release
    • Oracular will still be using gnome-initial-setup (with the lang-pack issues; need to MP fix for that…)
1 Like

(Short week, one day out for VISA application)

Go

Distro

• Still working on the nbd autopkgtest. Still a bit flaky and trying to improve the stability.
1 Like

Subiquity

• PR #2065 - Remove the cloud-init stages.Init() code path from subiquity and replace it with an external script for interfacing with the host system cloud-init library.
  • PR #2066 - Fix a small typo in the “providing autoinstall” tutorial
  • Investigating OEM drivers
  • Experimenting with kernel related autoinstall configurations
  • Bug triage, code review

Distro

• livecd-rootfs
    • LP: #2077899
    • Update the hard coded model assertion for ubuntu-classic-2024-amd64 in one of the ubuntu project’s hooks
    • SRU to Noble
    • Thanks @dbungert for sponsoring!
  • Review MP: #467042
  • 24.04.1 ISO testing

Misc

• Security Training
1 Like

.NET

Distro

Misc

• Very short week, because I was on PTO Friday (23.08) to Wednesday (28.08) due to moving to a new apartment.
1 Like

dotnet

• Attended the weekly .NET partners sync meeting.
  • Built a script to easily bootstrap .NET SDKs on other architectures, such as s390x and ppc64el. This script cross-builds the runtime and other components of the SDK and puts them together in order to output a .NET SDK tarball that can be used to build the VMR on these architectures. The script and instructions are available on GitHub.
  • Working on building .NET 8 bootstrap packages for s390x and ppc64el targeting Jammy.
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Looked at the following bugs since last week:

2 Likes

openjdk:

• prepared sru for openjdk-22 in noble
  • prototyped accessibility changes and sent an email upstream to continue discussion

chiselled Java:

• working on slices 1 2 3 4
  • raised mr for jlink plugin for rockcraft
  • working on spring-boot-framework rockcraft mr.
1 Like

autopkgtest

• Reworked and merged in my MP from last week for caching downloaded images.
  • Merged a new MP for adding package dependencies using the new dependency API.
  • Working on getting lxc tests to pass on ppc64el and s390x.

autopkgtest-cloud

• Reimplemented the cache for users allowed to run tests, hopefully to go out next week.

Misc

• Did some ISO testing for the point release.
1 Like