Focal Fossa - Mascot & Wallpapers

Another complementary idea would be to choose a mascot to represent Ubuntu, that would make a huge difference, both for the question of marketing, but would create the solid basis for the identity of the distro. A not very common example is the UBPorts mascot:

Normal mascot logo:

Wallpapers for Android Smartphones and iPhone as examples for the idea:

4 Likes

Very kind! Great for phone users and will look beautiful

1 Like

Wow! How nice! Should be used in phones

Am I too late?

3 Likes

Could you change the shade to a bluish-green one?

I got a little bored. Had a lot of fun making tons of different variations of the wallpaper. You can preferably check them out on my google drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bxc9JIQKP8zUAowpmf9Egass8a54xM20
If you don’t want to use Google services, I also uploaded them on my own server, but be aware that it is painfully slow: http://mineclashtv.bplaced.net/downloads/Ubuntu%20Focal%20Fossa%20Custom%20Wallpapers/

I played around with many gradients and every variant is available in a minimal version without the mascot and with it (though I removed the “lasers” since most of us don’t like them) and included bright and dark versions. Hope you enjoy!

Here you can see the one which turned out best IMO:

5 Likes

Thanks ‘slapbass’ I grabbed your blue backgrounds!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what tools did you use to make this? I just want to know so i can make a Ubuntu Mate version ie green colour. Want to learn how your making this as it, class!!!

I just used inkscape with a buttload of layers. I can upload the svg somewhere if you want (not the most pretty file in the universe, but could be useful).

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply, the information is enough, thank you. What about a YouTube tutorial video of you doing one?

I know it’s a bit late but hope you enjoy it :smiley:

Focal-Fossa_normal_thumbnail_4096x2304

Download link

1 Like

Outstanding! Thanks.

Since 20.04 has been released, closing this thread. Join us in the 20.10 thread soon!

1 Like