Desktop Team Updates - Monday 25th January 2021

Hi everyone, below you will find the updates from the Desktop team from the last week. If you’re interested in discussing a topic please start a thread in the Desktop area of Discourse.

We also have our weekly meeting on IRC. We meet on Tuesday at 13:30 UTC in #ubuntu-desktop on Freenode. There will be an “Any Other Business” section at the end where you are welcome to raise topics. These topics might be discussed during the meeting, or afterwards depending on the time, depth of conversation, topic and so on.

Last week’s notes are here: Desktop Team Updates - Monday 18th January 2021

1 Like
4 Likes

ADSys (AD integration and support of GPOs)

• Added support for the following types of gsettings: boolean, decimal, ranges, enums, double.
  • Added corresponding tests
  • Many many fixes to ADMX/ADML generation
  • Generated a first set of settings configurable via Active Directory. Below is a screenshot of the GPO editor in Windows Server 2019 with settings for Ubuntu.

Ubiquity

• Reviews and merges for Hirsute and 20.04.2.
5 Likes

ADSys (AD integration and support of GPOs)

• Added support for the following types of gsettings: boolean, decimal, ranges, enums, double.
  • Added corresponding tests
  • Many many fixes to ADMX/ADML generation
  • Generated a first set of settings configurable via Active Directory. Above in jibel’s report is a screenshot of the GPO editor in Windows Server 2019 with settings for Ubuntu.

ZSys:

• Fix compability with OpenZFS 2.0

Misc:

• Upgraded to hirsute
4 Likes
  • Attended planning / review sprint for the hirsute cycle, lots of internal meetings
  • Moved forward a bit on new autopkgtest rollout, just made one small request of IS after which I can try deploying it for production I think (still need to test github requests though).
  • Discovered apport was failing to fail on autopkgtest too, fixed that.
  • SRU verification for glib2.0, followed up with bug fix for libxmlb (+ upstream + Debian) for a flaky test which that showed up.
  • Some ubiquity reviews / testing / uploads.
  • Talked with appstream-generator upstream ximion a bit about a new release after some regressions were fixed, but the snap build fails now.
3 Likes
  • joined Canonical mid cycle review meetings
  • desktop updates and Debian merges
  • reviewed our alsa changes and got the lib and ucm sources synced again from Debian
  • wrote the abseil MIR report details, new depends of mozc
  • wrote the libdeflate MIR report, new depends of libtiff
  • got our poppler delta merged and uploaded to Debian
  • got my component mismatch change to add the source in the email merged, thanks Laney!
  • updated pulseaudio to the current stable version
  • verified some SRU
  • debugged a GTK translations import issue reported by the Catalan team, which was again due to translation sharing being turned on for the source on launchpad
  • reviewed the setting value for other component, for some reason it was enabled for most that breaks imports :-/
  • reviewed and sponsored a fix from Gunnar for s390x symbols being different from Debian
4 Likes

It was a 4 day week since Monday was a holiday.

• LO bug triage:
    • 1891739 - mouse back/forth buttons. reproduced but it’s a feature request. no action needed.
    • 1912114 - upgrade 14.04->16.04 problem. no action needed. there were two more bugs jsut like this.
  • LO snap: tested and released 7.0.4.2 (including yaru icons too!)
  • network manager snap: there’s an opened MR from the previous week to add a config hook but i’ve been stuck on running the spread tests locally and been going back and forth with Alfonso on what is going wrong. there are a couple of things for me to try/make sure i do but I’m still working on it.
3 Likes

firefox24 firefox

• prepared and tested 85.0 builds, due for release tomorrow

thunderbird24 thunderbird

• 78.6.1 update was published to groovy by the security team

chromium22 chromium

package24 other

4 Likes
  • Investigated colour emoji support in Flutter Linux shell.
  • (away for last week)
4 Likes
3 Likes
  • Product Sprint
  • Added dart to the flutter snap
  • Built more snaps with gnome-3-38-2004 and core20 making improvements to the platform as needed
  • Created a new strict gnome-terminal snap for use in core desktop
4 Likes
3 Likes