Desktop Team Updates – Monday 22nd May 2023

Hi everyone, below you will find the updates from the Desktop team from the last week. If you’re interested in discussing a topic please start a thread in the Desktop area of Discourse.

Last week’s notes are here: Desktop Team Updates – Monday 15th May 2023

1 Like
  • Caught up on a couple hundred bug reports from my week off. Overall lunar looks great because we don’t have many duplicate bugs reported by multiple people. Backlog stats are here.
  • Helped with two partner projects this week.
  • Spent lots of time analysing kernel debug logs from other people and from myself.
  • Triple buffering:
5 Likes
  • Our team finished almost all the 44.1 packaging for Debian Experimental and Ubuntu 23.10
  • I prepared a few GNOME 44.1 SRUs for Ubuntu 23.04. Most of the rest will wait for GNOME 44.2 which will be released soon.
  • With Daniel’s help, I uploaded Mutter 44.1 to Debian Experimental and Ubuntu 23.10. As long as there aren’t any issues, we’ll work on preparing the SRU for Ubuntu 23.04 next week.
  • I asked upstream to do a new osinfo-db release and it is now in Debian Unstable and Ubuntu 23.10. This includes several improvements from Jarred. We will work on preparing SRUs to Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and 23.04 soon.
  • The gdm-settings app was packaged for Debian Experimental and Ubuntu 23.10
  • I met with Debian contributor Matthias today to discuss work on getting the Rust libraries for GTK (and friends) into Debian and Ubuntu 23.10
  • I finished the grilo libsoup3 transition for Ubuntu 23.10
  • I fixed gnome-dvb-daemon’s incompatibility with recent Python3 in Debian Bookworm and Ubuntu 23.10
  • I updated the libadwaita autopkgtest for compatibility with GTK 4.10.2
  • I worked with Seb, Sergio, and Ken to get photo thumbnails working with the Cheese candidate snap
7 Likes
  • Added the calendar-service interface to thunderbird so users can install addons using evolution-data-server (it needs to be manually connected though)
  • cherrypicked the upstream-in-review apparmor support for dbus-broker to mantic
  • tested the network-manager and netplan integration changes from Lukas, after some iteration got it uploaded to mantic
  • prepared the thunderbird 102.11.0 security deb update for the different series, promoted the snap candidate to stable
  • verified the webbackend-fdo/J SRU
  • sponsored the change from Nathan to add socket activation to speech-dispatcher
  • wrote a MIR for libmysofa which is a new (optional) depends of pipewire
  • enabled build tests in the libmysofa as part of getting it ready for MIR review, sent the patch back to Debian. Reported s390x tests failing to upstream which some details, verified their fix and cherrypicked to the package.
2 Likes
  • Worked on prompting dialogs in snapd-desktop-integration.
  • Update gnome-weather snap to version 44.
  • Cleaned up old core desktop issues.
2 Likes