To make Marketo forms look nice and fit in with the Vanilla framework, we need to clean-up the Marketo code. To make this easier, we have written a script does this parsing and clean-up for us. The script also replaces some Marketo jQuery with a better html5 based form validator. This document describes the process of going from Marketo to a cleaned form, ready to use on canonical.com or ubuntu.com.
- create or update a form on Marketo, don’t worry about styling the form
- create or update a landing page with the form on Marketo
- approve and then view the approved landing page on Marketo
- inspect the page
- find the
edit as HTML
- copy and paste this into the form processor
- type in the URL of the thank you page (e.g. http://www.ubuntu.com/cloud/training/thank-you)
Now you have the updated html and an example of the form. Just copy the html from the
Cleaned form raw html text box.