Create a bootable USB stick with Rufus on Windows

wat

1 Like

sorry for my rude reply.
There are a couple things that are inaccurate here, but nothing that will cause the average user any problems. There is one thing that I would change is the thing about selecting freedos… you don’t need to select anything there, as that is choosing the image to write, and the next step is to select the ubuntu image.

1 Like

ISO vs DD alert comes before download things alert, but in tutorial it’s other way round

Boot selection is a bit confusing. Tutorial tells to select FreeDOS, but then it is substituted by the ISO filename after SELECT. It’s not clear if that step is actually necessary

Hi folks, thanks for all the feedback on this tutorial and the great screenshots @uplink777!

I have now updated the flow, but in addition point users to the balanaEtcher tutorial now incorporated in our primary Install Ubuntu Desktop tutorial which has also had an overhaul.

Any further feedback and comments welcome and apologies for the delay incorporating all these suggestions!

1 Like

You probably would want to update some screenshots there. The very first one for instance, not only it depicts an older version of Ubuntu, but the queen is not 90 anymore for a long time (actually even dead), which shows how long this tutorial haven’t been updated (maybe change the article on the screenshot to something that couldn’t be easily aged)

Please change the title of this tutorial from “Create a bootable USB stick with Rufus on Windows” to “Create a bootable USB stick Installation Media with Rufus on Windows”. The current title can be misleading as it could mean creating a portable Ubuntu system on a bootable USB stick. Thank you.

Helpful Tutorial, Thank you for the tutorial, but replace the title with “Create a bootable USB stick Installation Media with Rufus on Windows”