Call for Testing: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and Ubuntu Flavours

After a very recent update, my Ubuntu 22.04 install defaults to X11 on my AMD-based computer. The option to choose the display server is no longer available on login.
I submitted a bug report about it: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-session/+bug/1969254

2 Likes

Post the same thing on this site.
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+addquestion

I will help you with your question there.
Thank You.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for posting this link! @raxelgrande did this help make the Launchpad process a little better for you?

2 Likes

Hi,

For the ā€œno package to removeā€

There isnā€™t too much information on this report because Iā€™m not sure what to add.
ubuntu-bug 1969303 does not generate any feedback

PS: Iā€™m really surprised by the speed and responsiveness of this version, really impressive

1 Like

There is a annoying bug in 22.04 beta (with latest updates) :
I have 3 apps open in 1 workspace,
When i press window key and i want to select app 2 or 3 with mouse, app 1 shows up!
I can only go to app 2 with [window + tab] or [alt + tab]
(I had no idea this bug is related to which package, so i reported here instead of launchpad)

@saeed-pooyanfar, please report it via:

ubuntu-bug gnome-shell
3 Likes
2 Likes

I just tried with my laptop, also running Kubuntu, and the process went fine.

I donā€™t know why this didnā€™t work on my gaming desktop.

1 Like

Since the update last weekend, my wifi speed seems really slow. So slow that I canā€™t install any apps (deb or snap), updates donā€™t work as I get a timeout error, and surfing the web is not possible. Thinking I might have botched something I reinstalled with the Beta build which resulted in the same, so I did another reinstall with a daily build that was downloaded yesterday to no avail. Anyone else seeing this issue? Has a bug been reported?

It helped a lot! I reported the bugs i had and also reported having the same issue as @nicocarbone (itā€™s now fixed).
This release will be soo good.

4 Likes

Figured it out.

Turns out it was the python3-apt package, that was overwritten by Pop!_OSā€™s version.

Setting my apt preferences to not install Pop!_OS and installing the one from Ubuntuā€™s repo fixed it.

package: gnome-shell
Pin: release *
Pin-Priority: -1

package: pop-shell

package: gnome-menus

package: gnome-control-center

Package: *apt*
Pin: release o=pop-os-release

Package: ubuntu-release-upgrader*

Package: python3-distupgrade

Use Remote desktop connection of window11 to connect to Ubuntu 22.04, and it will be black screen??

VNC Viewer also is black screenā€¦

How to change the icon size on Show application screen?

Screenshot from 2022-04-22 10-07-54

1 Like

For the RDP black screen, please open a new bug by running:

ubuntu-bug gnome-remote-desktop

although Iā€™m not sure what the right components are for that bug.

For the small icons we already have bug 1969577 open.

Please open bugs about any problems you find instead of discussing them here. Itā€™s often confusing, but this site is not intended for customer support.

4 Likes

Well done to whoever tweaked update-initramfs as it now updates really fast.

Previously the update was so slow it felt like a single core laptop from the 90ā€™s. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I installed ubuntu 22.04 today, but found that the gnome shell freezes when connected to a second monitor via a dp cable, a problem that does not exist when I use ubuntu 21.10 nor ubuntu 22.04 on x11. I also reported bug/1970043

2 Likes

My Firefox keeps asking to be default. I set the about :config option widget.use-xdg-desktop-portal.file-picker to default (2).

Also, I canā€™t open magnet links with KTorrent or Zoom links with Firefox snap.