We’re looking for a number of motivated people that want to restart the Local Communities (LoCo) Council. Although the council has been vacant for some time, its mission is still important and demanded by the community.
The LoCo Council is a board of people who are in charge of empowering and helping out LoCo Teams (Ubuntu Local Communities | Ubuntu) worldwide. Their members have two-year terms, and we have five open seats at the Council.
- You are an Ubuntu Member.
- You show humanity, gentleness and kindness in your communication.
- You create a welcoming atmosphere.
- You want to invest time in the next year to restart the operations of the LoCo Council and support the community.
- You are willing to meet with the other council members once or twice a month on IRC, and contribute on the council mailing list.
- You have the opportunity to play a significant role in building the future of the Ubuntu community.
- You get wide recognition of your contributions with a high-profile, elected, position.
- You get the power to shape the LoCo council, including their decision making structure and responsibilities.
The LoCo Council is currently inactive and will be reconstituted with this election. You can find more information about the previous tasks and descriptions of the LoCo Council at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil
If this sounds like you, or a person you know, please send your nominations to community-council at lists.ubuntu.com.
Please include the name, Launchpad ID, and Ubuntu Wiki page for whom you are nominating, as well as a few lines about the nominee, so the Community Council can get an idea of why you/they would like to join the Council and why you/they would like to be considered. If you nominate someone else, please make sure that they are aware of their nomination.
The Community Council welcomes nominations from all over the world and from any LoCo Team, verified or not. Nominees do not need to be Team Contacts or Team Leads. However, they need people active on their teams and naturally must be current Ubuntu Members.
Nominations are now open and will close on Sunday, November 26, 2023 at 23:59 UTC. After that, the Community Council will review the submissions and will set up an election.
Please do not hesitate to share this post with anyone you think deserves to be on the LoCo Council.