Ubuntu Desktop Team Indaba (AMA) - August 27, 2021 @ 5PM UTC

What is the Ubuntu Desktop Team Indaba? Indaba is a South African term for “a conference or consultation between people”. This will be a live stream event, featuring members of the Ubuntu Desktop Team and members of the community. To get a feel for what to expect, you can review the last Indaba event on YouTube from July 30, 2021.

To keep up a consistent cadence of these Indabas, we’ve decided to have them the last Friday of the month, every month. (The actual time of day may change a bit as we work out scheduling kinks that may arise). The details are:

When: 2021-08-27T17:00:00Z
Where: UbuntuOnAir - YouTube
Where: UbuntuOnAir - Twitch
Who:

Mike and Till have been working together on OpenPrinting and CUPS for 21 years now, and they have some recent CUPS/printing work they are excited to share with you all, so please gather your questions for the key figures in free software printing! Also the August OpenPrinting newsletter has been posted announcing recent news. You can catch the OpenPrinting monthly newsletter to stay up to date with the latest and greatest printing news!

We stream to both YouTube and twitch and we see the live chat in both for you to join the discussion and ask any questions of us. You are also welcome to ask your questions on this thread in advance and we’ll do our best to answer them on air :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Topic will automatically un-pin on 30 Aug 2021

I finally got around to watching this Indaba…and Holy Smoke! This was fabulous!

I remember a decade ago when printing could be rather painful and printing-related questions filled the support venues. Today we’re in a golden age of easy printing thanks to Till and Mike. Thanks for highlighting them for the credit they have earned.

Special thanks also for the diagrams, which really makes the workflow of CUPS clear. I would have been lost without them.

2 Likes