Anbox Cloud FAQ

This section covers some of the most commonly encountered problems and attempts to resolve them.

A container failed to start. Where can I find more information why it failed to start?

If a container failed to start its status is set to error. The AMS service automatically fetches several log files from the container and makes them available for further inspection. From the log files you can find out what went wrong. The reason is not always clear as several things play into the container startup, like the application the container is hosting, any installed addons etc.

See Container Management for more details on how to access the container log files.

I receive a socket permission error when trying to use the amc command. What is wrong?

If you receive an error like

Post http://unix/1.0/images: dial unix /var/snap/ams/common/server/unix.socket: connect: permission denied

after you tried to use the amc command line utility you’re mostly likely trying to run the command as a user which is not part of the ams group. The socket has its ownership set to root:ams so that only root or users part of the ams group are allowed to use the Unix domain socket.

By default Anbox Cloud automatically adds the ubuntu user to the ams group on installation. You can manually add any further user to the ams group with a command like

$ sudo gpasswd -a <your user> ams

You make the change effective you may have to log out and back in.

Is there an automatic way to create a manifest for an application?

No. The application manifest describes necessary meta data on top of the Android application package which AMS needs. You can simplify the manifest to only container the name field but then loose a lot of control about how your application is being executed.

When launching a container for an application I get “Published application version not found”. Why?

If you launch a container by only specifying the application ID and the application has no publish version yet, you need to explicitly specify the version you want to launch or publish a version of the application. See Managing applications.