Landscape is a system management tool designed to let you easily manage multiple Ubuntu systems.
- Up to 40,000 machines with a single manual installation type instance
- Manage desktop, server and cloud deployments
- Group machines using tags, and manage each group separately.
- Create custom profiles for managing different machine classes
- Easily install, update and remove software
- Define policies for automated updates and security patches
- Configure users and groups
- Scriptable API to customise Landscape for your organisation’s needs
Monitor your machines at scale
- Set alerts for updates on specific machines
- Graph trends of temperature, disk, memory usage and system load
- List all processes running on a machine and remotely kill rogue processes
- Build your own graphs with custom metrics
Maintain security and compliance
- Patch compliance - keep systems secure and up to date
- Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Automated audit logging and compliance reporting
- Regulatory compliance is significantly simplified with custom reporting
Control your inventory
- Quickly track full software package information for all registered machines
- Gather asset information in real time
- Create dynamic search groups to perform operations on categories of machines
- Easily access any machine property
Package repository management
- Mirror and stage internal or external APT repositories
- Upload and manage custom packages
Available in two flavors:
- SaaS variant found at landscape.canonical.com can be used as a hosted service part of a Ubuntu Advantage subscription or directly.
- Landscape On-Premises is meant for those wanting to have the server installed and managed by themselves, on dedicated hardware.
The main difference between the two flavors of Landscape is that On-Premises has repository management. In general, the SaaS version receives new features first. Therefore, there is the possibility for differences between the two versions. The base code is the same, but the SaaS version might get new features and bug fixes faster than Landscape On-Premises.
|2||onprem-backup||Backup and Restore|
|1||ReleaseNotes19.10||Release Notes 19.10|
|1||ReleaseNotes18.03||Release Notes 18.03|
|1||ReleaseNotes17.03||Release Notes 17.03|