Wallpaper competition - Eoan Ermine 19.10

VOTING IS NOW OPEN: Ubuntu Eoan Ermine 19.10 Community Wallpaper Competition - WINNERS!

ENTRIES FOR THIS CYCLES WALLPAPER COMPETITION ARE NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU ALL. I will work on getting the voting opened as soon as I can.

UPDATE: Comp will close for entries on Monday 2nd September.

Hi everyone,

It’s time for the Ermine wallpaper competition!

Here’s how we’d like it to work (hint: same as last year):

To enter, simply post your image in to this thread. I’d also suggest that you take a look at the 19.04 results page to get an idea about the sorts of things people liked last time.

We will close this thread towards the beginning of September (exact date TBD, and depends on how many entries we get) when the competition for 19.10 will close and the judging will begin. There will be a poll for the community to vote for their favourites.

There are a few rules though. Please make sure you are happy to submit your work under these rules before you post it. Posting your images here indicates acceptance of the rules.

Ownership
The images you upload must be yours. If you see an image which you know to be misrepresented please flag it and we will take care of it.

Size
You don’t have to upload the full size image to discourse. In fact, if might be easier if you don’t since this thread will become very slow to load. We will need an image of ideally 3840x2160 px for the final submission, but we can get that from you later on if your image is selected. For now, limit your images a bit to try and keep the file size down.

Quality
As mentioned above, the final image size needs to be 3840x2160 px. Images much smaller than this won’t scale up well. Equally images with a lot of compression artifacts won’t look good. Your image won’t be accepted if the quality is low.

Watermarking
All watermarks, names, logos, etc must be removed.

Licence
Your image(s) must licenced under the CC BY-SA 4.06 or CC BY 4.03 licence. If you do not specify a licence in your post then we will assume that you are are licensing the image under the CC BY-SA 4.0. By entering the competition you are agreeing to these licence terms.

There is more information available here:

I’d like to have a “best of” for the next LTS, so winners from Disco (19.04), Eoan (19.10) and F itself will all appear on 20.04 LTS.

Get snapping!

15 Likes

Godefroid De Bouillon Brussels Black and White

6 Likes

Lake Mendota, WI at Sunset

8 Likes

Pathway around the tomb of the second Qing emperor, Huang Taiji, and his consorts.
Photo taken on my summer vacation in June 2018. Beijling park, Shenyang China.

24 Likes

Photo taken in Jiangning Dist, Nanjing, China.

Last year, 2018, by Nokia 808~~~LOL

7 Likes

autumn leaf beijng china

19 Likes

ripples in the water,beijing china.

12 Likes

The Belgian Ardennes.

6 Likes

Sky Sparkles | Perry State Park, Kansas

21 Likes

Germany | Baltic Sea | West Coast

14 Likes

24 Likes

12 Likes

A closer view, still Lake Mendota, WI.

4 Likes

Stones

5 Likes

Leaf

6 Likes

Cloth

4 Likes

3 Likes

white flower

3 Likes

Village | Poland

Full size - https://megawrzuta.pl/download/b1a05145785731517aecac5fbef5613c.html
(I can send photo at different hosting if needed)

5 Likes